Director of Registration and Accreditation Services
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant post detailed below at the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE).
Grade : NC 2
Department : Registration and Accreditation Services
Reports to : Chief Executive Officer
Responsible for : Deputy Director (Registration)
: Deputy Director (Accreditation)
Purpose of the job: To register and accredit higher education institutions and programmes.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Developing and reviewing minimum criteria for registration and accreditation of higher education institutions (HEIs) and programmes;
- Providing leadership and oversight for the evaluation and inspection of proposals to establish higher education institutions in Malaŵi;
- Evaluating the performance of higher education institutions for purposes of accreditation;
- Providing technical advice to management of HEIs on the requirements for registration and accreditation of institutions and programmes;
- Validating and ensuring timely update of directory on licensed Students Recruitment Agencies, registered and accredited higher education institutions and programmes;
- Coordinating networking, partnerships, linkages and benchmarking with relevant bodies locally and internationally for exchange of best practices in registration and accreditation;
- Providing timely, constructive and objective feedback to higher education institutions on the process of registration and accreditation;
- Developing and monitoring implementation of departmental workplans in regard to the establishment of higher education institutions;
- Overseeing the development and execution of the performance contracting and annual work plans;
- Ensuring that amendments to charters of higher education institutions are timely processed;
- Compiling a consolidated report of the Department;
- Serving as Secretary to the Quality Assurance and Accreditation Committee (QAAC) of the Council.
Job specifications and performance factors
- Minimum Academic and Professional Qualifications/Work Experience
- A doctorate degree from an accredited institution;
- At least 8 years’ experience in senior academic leadership and management position(s) in higher education institutions or has served as a Deputy Director (Registration or Accreditation) for at least three (3) years;
- Proven track records in research, development and management;
- Evidence of published articles in referred journals or books for higher education.
- Functional skills (Behavioural Competencies/Attributes)
- Thorough knowledge of legal instruments used for registration and accreditation;
- Competence and ability to represent the higher education sector at the highest level nationally and internationally;
- Ability to manage a diverse team and improve relationships;
- Excellent leadership and management skills;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision;
- A broad awareness of the factors and conditions shaping the development of higher education;
- Thorough understanding of national and international development agenda;
- Strategic planning;
- High ethical standards, integrity, accountability, professionalism and teamwork;
- Visionary and result-oriented leadership;
- Mentorship skills;
- Clear understanding of quality assurance in higher education.
All application letters, Curriculum Vitaes with copies of certificates must be forwarded to the address below before 14th May 2021:
The Council Chairperson
National Council for Higher Education
Private Bag B317
NCHE House, Area 47 Sector 2 next to Chitukuko Petroda Filling Station.
‘NCHE is an equal opportunity employer’